Ancaster is one of the fastest growing communities in Hamilton with a known perception of affluence, but like any other growing community, there are challenges, especially for individuals and families that are newcomers to Canada. There are residents here in Ancaster who are struggling to meet basic needs and who are often confronted with food insecurity.
Ancaster Community Services is the only local Ancaster agency specifically chartered and focused to care for the well-being of our community members. We need your help to keep up with the demand for our services.
Please support ACS by making a charitable donation today. It is tax deductible ($20 and over) and will help us meet our goal of reducing dependence on government funding.
There are many ways to support ACS
- You can send us (by phone or mail) a donation at any time. The donations we receive support our programs and services needed in Ancaster and surrounding area (e.g. Lynden, Jerseyville).
- Donate in office by bringing money, grocery gift cards, and non-perishable food items (please check expiry dates).
- Donate online now:
Donate now and support ACS programs
- Twice a year…spring and fall we publish a newsletter to keep everyone current on ACS developments. We include an insert in this newsletter so you may donate by return mail.
- You can donate to specific programs such as Meals on Wheels, Assisted Volunteer Driving, or other programs.
- Donate generally, or specifically to our food bank and food assistance programs. Or contribute monthly in our “pre-planned giving” program.
- Donate food vouchers available in your local supermarket in denominations of $25 or $50. When requests arrive at our door, we supply emergency food vouchers. It is our policy to never give out cash.
- Be a golfer, sponsor a hole or donate a prize to our annual Community Links charity golf tournament. The event occurs in June each year, during Ancaster Heritage Days.
Help us help others!
As a registered charity we issue income tax receipts for all cash donations of $20.00 and over. (Ancaster Information Centre and Community Services Inc., Charitable # 118786375RR0001)
To learn more about donor opportunities, call Melanie Barlow, our Executive Director at 905 648 6675 or speak to any member of our Board or staff.