What is the Ride?
This year Ancaster Community Services is one of the charitable partners associated with the Ride for Refuge. The Ride for Refuge is a family-friendly cycling and walking fundraiser that supports charities who provide refuge and hope for displaced, vulnerable and exploited people everywhere
The Ride for Refuge helps charities raise money for their work with displaced, vulnerable and exploited people both locally and around the world.
As a participant you can either WALK 5km or RIDE 10km/25km/50km. All money you raise goes towards your charity of choice and you get a free meal and t-shirt as well!
The Ride takes place on September 30th, 2017 at locations all across Canada!
If you would like to learn more about the ride, visit their website at https://rideforrefuge.org/about
ACS is looking for enthusiastic participants to Ride/Walk or Fundraise for us!
We are reaching out to you to see if you are interested in participating in the Ride/Walk and supporting ACS. We are looking for 2 types of supporters to help us make this fundraiser a success!
1) Team Captains:
- Are you a natural born leader who loves supporting a good cause? If yes, then this is the role for you! Team Captains are responsible for recruiting approximately 5-7 riders to join their team. You help encourage your riders to meet your team fundraising goal in addition to fundraising yourself.
2) Ride/Walk Participants
- If you still want to fundraise and participate in the event, but without the extra responsibility of recruiting riders, then this option is perfect for you. Join an already existing team and help that team meet its individual fundraising goal!
This year, all the money that is raised from the Ride for Refuge will go towards subsidizing our Frozen Meals and Meals on Wheels programs. Your donations will go directly towards purchasing meals for a senior. Both programs provide nutritious meals to individuals, seniors and veterans to increase their food security. Our programs give individuals the dignity to choose what food options are best for them.
If you would like to learn more about our Frozen Meals and Meals on Wheels program, please click on the links below.
How to Sign up!
Want to register as a rider/walker or a team captain… head to our charity page to sign up!
- Click the Register Button at the top of page
- Click Start or Join a Team
- Create a New Account if you don’t already have one
- Create a Team if you want to!
- OR Join a pre-existing ACS team
- Current ACS teams are captained by staff. You can join Beachie and her Peachies (staff member Alex Beach), DDD6 (staff member Alethea Ouzas) or Barlow’s Biker Babes (staff member Melanie Barlow)
- Fill out the required information and you are good to go!
- Final step- start to fundraise!
Ride Day Details
The start and finish location will be at:
Hamilton District Christian High School
92 Glancaster Road,
Limited parking is available at school, but parking is also available at Rehoboth United Reformed Church directly across the street.
Here’s the schedule for the RIDE:
- 8am – Registration opens
- 8:45am – Opening Ceremonies
- 9am – RIDE begins (all distances)
- 9:30am – WALK begins
- 10am – Registration closes
- 10:30am – Lunch service begins
- 1:30pm – Lunch service ends
- 2:30pm – Route closes
- Children 10 and under: Free
- Youth 11-17: Fundraise minimum $75 (and earn the RIDE t-shirt) or pay reg fee
- Adults 18+: Fundraise minimum $150 (and earn the RIDE t-shirt) or pay reg fee
- The average online donation for the RIDE is $68, so it’s a reachable goal!
- RIDE T-shirts are available on event day while supplies last and are available in sizes youth small to adult 3XL
Still have question.. check our the ride day details at https://rideforrefuge.org/location/hamilton