Our Holiday Assistance Campaign is now accepting donations!
Our goal is to provide 100 holiday hampers and gifts to income-challenged families and seniors in the community to ensure that no one gets left behind during the holiday season. We are very proud to announce that 2022 marks the 15th Anniversary of this program.
As the holiday season approaches we are reminded of both the generosity and needs within our community. With recent economic changes, there are residents here in Ancaster who are struggling to meet basic needs and are often confronted with food insecurity. Opening up our hearts to the community during the holidays helps ensure that everyone can feel the care and compassion of our Ancaster neighbours. Please help support your community and make a donation of gift items, gift cards or a monetary donation towards our Holiday Assistance Program.
Here is how you can make a difference this year:
Monetary donations are greatly appreciated! Here are all the ways you can make a monetary donation:
- Donate through our secure Donation Page
- Make a secure e-Transfer – simply log on to your online banking account and send a donation from the comfort of your own home to email@example.com. The message in the description box must indicate your email and mailing address to send a charitable tax receipt (for donations over $20).
- Donate via Canada Helps – click here to visit our page
- Donate over the phone by calling our office at (905) 648-6675.
- Visit our office and donate in person – 300 Wilson Street East (lower level of the library)
- Try our new contactless tiptap device! *note that income tax receipts are not available with this donation method.
- Donate via cheque – mail to: Ancaster Community Services, 300 Wilson Street East, Ancaster, Ontario L9G 2B9
Family Tree & Gift Items
Visit our office to pick an ornament tag from our Family Tree! These ornament tags each contain a specific gift request and you will find them on our festive holiday board in the lower level of the library! Come pick a tag and help support families and individuals in your community.
We are also collecting the following gift items:
*ALL ITEMS MUST BE NEW & UNWRAPPED*
- New, unwrapped toys
- Clothing with tags for children under 18
- Outerwear with tags for all ages – gloves, mittens, hats, scarves, pajamas, slippers, clothes
- Toiletries & personal hygiene products
- Grocery & Retail Gift Cards
ALL unwrapped gift items must be dropped off by Monday, December 12th.
All gifts can be dropped off to our office at 300 Wilson Street East in the lower level of the library from Monday to Friday between 9:00AM-4:00PM (please call to arrange an alternate drop-off time).
Santa to a Senior Gift Bags
Again this year, our senior clients will be receiving pre-assembled Santa to a Senior gift bags, which will be put together by our Youth Engagement Team, The Net. We are asking for donations of $25 to cover the cost of one bag which will include items such as cookies, tea, slippers, puzzle books, mugs, and so much more! To donate and cover the cost of a senior gift bag, please click here and direct your donation to Santa to a Senior.