Ancaster Community Services is a local non-profit organization. We are powered by community members who volunteer with us, and we are dependent on donations to support our programs.
While Ancaster may have the perception of affluence, the need for our services still exists, especially for vulnerable seniors and people facing food insecurity. ACS continues to experience an increase in clients accessing our services, and we can only meet these needs with the help of our donors, volunteers and community supporters.
With the contributions of funders, donations and volunteers, in 2021 ACS was able to provide:
- 105 families, including 149 children, with assistance during the Christmas holidays
- 110 seniors a special gift through our Santa to a Senior Program
- 3,715 hot meals delivered to seniors and shut-ins
- 396 drives for medical appointments to seniors in the community
- 2,710 frozen meals to local seniors
Thanks to The Net Youth Engagement Program, 96 youth were engaged in 237 activities, events and meetings, earning 2,292 community volunteer hours.
What will be made possible through your donation?
$20 helps to provide transportation for a senior to a medical appointment through our Assisted Volunteer Driving Program
$50 can help us provide grocery gift cards to a family in need though our Food Assistance Program
$100 supports all ACS programs, including Meals on Wheels, Frozen Meals, and Shopping 4 Seniors