Holiday Assistance Program
In 2022, we’re proud to have made the following impact:
grocery gift cards provided
senior gift bags
Share This Program:
The Ancaster Community Services Holiday Assistance Program provides food hampers and gifts to income-challenged families and seniors in the community to ensure that no one gets left behind during the holiday season.
The goals of our program are to:
- Provide holiday grocery assistance (including items for a seasonal meal) for households experiencing income challenges in Ancaster and the immediate surrounding areas
- Provide toys and gifts for children and youth aged 0-18 years
Limit of 115 families – register early!
Registration is open from October 2-November 30, 2023.
How To Register:
- Households must reside in Ancaster or the immediate areas bordering Ancaster
- Call 905-648-6675 and schedule an appointment to register in-person for the Holiday program starting October 2, 2023
- Please bring identification for each family member to your appointment
- The focus of this program is to provide households with holiday groceries and gifts for children and youth
- There are no adult gifts
- Gift cards (if available) will be options for teen gifts
- Children’s clothing is not always available
- We make our best efforts to match children’s specific toy requests; however, the program is dependent on donations and cannot be guaranteed
Within the City of Hamilton, households requiring support may select only one (1) Food Bank for the December Holiday program. The Ancaster Food Bank is closed for regular service in December. If you need emergency food assistance in December, please contact us to learn about additional supports.
Please call 905-648-6675 for more information.
To donate to this program
You might also be interested in these programs