Food Assistance Program
From April 2021 to March 2022, we’re proud to have made the following impact:
lbs. in food provided
in gift cards provided
Share This Program:
Ancaster Community Services is an accredited member of the City of Hamilton’s Emergency Food System.
We believe that access to food is a human right. ACS endeavors to provide a dignified and helpful approach to individuals who may require food assistance.
How do I access the Food Assistance Program (Food Bank)?
- Call 905-648-6675 to set up an appointment time – Our service area is Ancaster and the nearby bordering areas. If you live outside Ancaster, please call us and we can help you find your neighborhood food bank.
- Our Food Bank is open for appointments Mondays and Tuesdays between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm.
What happens when I arrive?
- Please bring identification for yourself and the other members of your household.
- Please bring something that shows your address such as a driver’s license or piece of mail.
- You will be asked to voluntarily provide other information about your household like source of income and type of housing – personal information is confidential and not shared outside the food bank system. The information is used to better understand the needs of people visiting the food bank and is used to advocate on their behalf.
- You can let our staff know what grocery items would be useful for your household and we aim to provide a 7-day supply.
Register for this program
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Support the Food Bank:
Would you like to donate?
We appreciate and accept non-perishable grocery items (within the best-before date), personal hygiene (shampoo, toothpaste, menstrual products) and household products (i.e. toilet paper, cleaners).
To make a donation:
- Visit our office and meet our staff! We are located at 300 Wilson Street East, Ancaster and are open Monday-Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- A donation bin is located at our address 300 Wilson Street East in the lower foyer of the municipal building and is available day and evening (please check Ancaster Library hours)
- Donation bins are also located at:
- Ancaster Food Basics: 71 Wilson Street West, Ancaster
- Ancaster Giant Tiger: 120 Portia Drive, Ancaster
- Ancaster Longo’s: 1191 Wilson Street West, Ancaster
Non-perishable food donations may also be arranged by calling 905-648-6675.
What are the most needed items?
- Peanut Butter
- Tuna/Salmon/Canned meats
- School Snacks (Granola bars/apple sauce/juice boxes)
- Pasta Sauce
- Canned Tomatoes
- Cooking Oil
- Canned and dried Chick Peas
- Toilet Paper
- Personal Hygiene Products
You might also be interested in these programs