Shopping 4 Seniors
From April 2022 to March 2023, we’re proud to have made the following impact:
Share This Program:
Ancaster Community Services is proud to present our “Shopping 4 Seniors” program, created in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. This program supports seniors who are self-isolating, have limited transportation or have little (to no) assistance.
Please note that like our other programs, this service is possible by the generous gift of time donated by our amazing team of volunteers
- Must be 55+ in age
Applicable Service Charges
A small administrative fee of $5.00 applies for this program. Fees may be adjusted for income-challenged clients. Conditions may apply. Please call our office for details.
Shopping 4 Seniors Reminders:
- We encourage clients to order bulk and frozen goods considering the frequency in which we can deliver as we are currently doing bi-weekly shops.
- Clients must be home to receive groceries.
- Volunteer shoppers will do their best to find requested items, but may encounter difficulty at this time due to low stock volumes. Please be understanding of this.
Our volunteer shoppers will not purchase any of the following items:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Cigarettes or smoking products
- Lottery tickets or gambling products
- Medical items (over the counter)
- Gift cards or gift items
- Fast food items
Register for this program
and arrange deliveries.
You might also be interested in these programs