Ancaster is one of the fastest growing communities in Hamilton but like any other growing community, there are challenges, especially for individuals, families and seniors. With recent economic changes, there are residents here in Ancaster who are struggling to meet basic needs and are often confronted with food insecurity.
Ancaster Community Services is the only local Ancaster agency specifically focused to care for the well-being of our community members. We need your help to keep up with the demand for our services.
Please support ACS by making a charitable donation today. It is tax deductible ($20 and over) and will help us meet our goal of reducing dependence on government funding.
There are many ways to support ACS
- We accept monetary donations online, over the phone, by mail and in the office. The donations we receive support our programs and services that are needed in Ancaster and the surrounding area (eg. Lynden, Jerseyville).
- We accept donations of grocery gift cards, retail gift cards and non-perishable items (please check expiry dates). When requests arrive at our door, we supply emergency food gift cards. It is our policy to never give out cash.
- You can donate directly to ACS by Interac e-transfer by logging into your online banking and sending a donation from the comfort of your own home. The message in the description box must indicate both your email and mailing address to receive a charitable tax receipt (for donations over $20). No password is required, and all e-transfers can be sent to email@example.com.
Corporate Donor Matching and Payroll Programs
Did you know that your employer may offer a way to donate directly to ACS? Some of the platforms available for corporate giving are:
- Benevity Causes
- United Way Designations
- Charities Aid Foundation of Canada
- Investors Group Financial
Contact your employer to find out if your place of employment offers this type of giving opportunity.
Food Bank Needs
Our food bank is always in need of non-perishable food! Please make sure all items are new, unopened and have not expired.
To see an updated list of items we currently need, please click here.
Help Us Help Others!
As a registered charity we issue income tax receipts for all cash donations of $20.00 and over. (Ancaster Community Services, Charitable # 118786375RR0001)
To learn more about donor opportunities, call Kaylee Norwood, our Executive Director at (905) 648-6675.
Year End Tax Receipts
Our year-end tax receipts will be issued throughout the month of January. For all online donations, you receive a tax receipt within 24 hours by email – if you did not receive one, please check your Junk/Spam folder. For any in-office or mailed donations, you will receive your tax receipt by the end of January. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (905) 648-6675 or visit our office during the week between 9AM to 4PM.